Sunday, March 24, 2013

Easter Sunday Kids Sermon

Ok...so here's the plan...I gave the kids the "homework" of cutting out the pictures and matching the scriptures that match of the timeline of events from Palm Sunday to Easter (see the last post).  If they bring the The True Meaning of Easter writing with picture colored and the pictures/scriptures back they get a prize.  Really all the kids will get one. I can't leave anyone out. 

I'm putting the True Meaning of Easter writings up in church at the welcome table displayed for everyone to see. 

During the service I'm going to review the pictures/scriptures match up that they did with display board and then we are going to watch the cutest video about Easter I've found.  I know we saw an animated version of the arrest and crucifixion last week, but I think this video will be better suited for all audiences including the adults...These kids reenact the Easter story in such a cute way, the videos to choose from:
Easter Story with Kids Choice #1
Easter Story with Kids Choice #2

They are both great!!!! Choose whichever one you think better suits you and your church.

For a prize today I'm giving them goody boxes with stuff to work on during Big Church...I have stressed that Easter is not really about Easter bunnies, Easter eggs, and candy. Here are the boxes I'm using...got this idea from our weekly eat-out night at Taco Bell.  I will redecorate them first though... Ours is brown cardboard...this is the only pic online I could find.
 
Here's what I'm putting in the boxes...
1.) Easter grass
4.) A little craft...either cross or tomb craft
5.) Maybe I'll put a little bag of jellybeans or something small.
 
That's the plan...I may change all this before Easter Sunday! LOL.  If you guys/gals have any ideas shoot them to me!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment